FIXED INCOME SUPPORT
+233 (0)30 220 0748
Officer – Fixed Income Support
Location: West Legon, Accra
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor’s Degree and ACI Operations Certificate
Relationships: Reports to -- Chief Operating Officer
Desired Candidate Profile
The Fixed Income (FI) Support Officer is responsible for all the back-end activities of the Fixed Income Trading team. The support officer oversees trade settlements, raising of deal tickets, liaising with the back office of the various banks, and funds for straight-through processing of trades. The support officer will identify challenges with trade settlements and proffer solutions for them. The FI Support Officer is also responsible for sending out invoices to clients and following up with payments.
• Update the Fixed Income Schedule daily, with correct information on all fixed income trades concluded each day.
• Raise deal tickets for all the trades concluded in the day with the correct information. Attain the necessary approvals for all deal tickets and make sure deal tickets are filed appropriately.
• Be the point of contact for all clients (banks and fund managers) on settlement issues and liaise with the back offices of all banks to ensure timely settlement of trades and prevent trade failures.
• Raise invoices for all the fixed income trades executed and send the same to the paying banks or switchers.
• Conduct a thorough follow-up on all invoices sent out and ensure that they are paid by the end of each month.
• Follow-up on all outstanding payments from each month and ensure prompt payments from switchers or banks by the second week of the next month.
• Reconcile all payments made by Switching Banks to commissions and spreads on the Fixed Income Schedule to ensure that all payments made correspond to the commissions and spreads that the Company must receive.
QualificationsKey Characteristics and Competencies
Basic Qualifications• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in any discipline. (a degree in business administration will be an added advantage)
• 2+ years of relevant experience
• Must possess a basic understanding of Fixed Income Trading (front and back office).
• Must have ACI Operations Certificate
• Must have knowledge of basic accounting principles and bank reconciliations
• Must possess good proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Must be able to multi-task and work with very little supervision
• Must possess good problem-solving skills
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills
• Must pay keen attention to detail
• Must be a good team player.